Tiny House Company

Support Center

How do I insure it?

Last Updated: Oct 27, 2016 09:47AM MDT
When we hear this question it is usually in reference to our Tiny House RVs (Our Cottages are traditional houses on foundations that qualify for typical housing insurance).

If you have bought a ready-made tiny house RV from us, you can easily insure it through our insurance provider. Click here to learn more.

If you built a tiny house yourself, your tiny house won't fit inside the traditional box for insurance. People have insured it different ways. The easiest way to insure it is as personal property. For instance, if you have a home, you can insure your wedding ring, your baseball card collection, or you trailer as personal property. If you don't own a home, renters insurance may work as well. Other options include insuring it as a travel trailer. What we've found is that Farmers Insurance will sometimes insure it and sometimes not. It depends on the agent you work with.

We have heard there is tiny house insurance through Lloyd's of London for the market value of a tiny house plus possessions in the event of fire.  This is currently available for tiny houses in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington. The hope is additional states will be added soon.  Contact:

Darrell Grenz
Grenz Insurance Agency
Tel: 503-206-6736

Contact Us

  • Post a Public Question
  • Email Us
  • support(at)tumbleweedhouses(dot)com

    Call Us

    (877) 331-8469

seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found